Turn Your Pain Into Art Review
Turn Your Pain Into Art by Ariel Bloomer
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“What will being true to your soul allow you to accomplish?” Turn Your Pain Into Art: One Self-Hater’s Journey to Self-Love, Authenticity, and Creative Freedom by Ariel Bloomer is both an autobiography and a self-help guide. The book is split into two parts: her life story followed by the story of her recovery from self-hate. Ariel approaches both of these subjects with humor and heart.
To be perfectly honest, I approached this book with a massive bias. I enjoy Ariel’s weekly vlogs and am a little obsessed with her band, Icon For Hire. However, I don’t normally read self help books. I didn’t think I would like the parts of the book that focused more on subjects concerning self-care. Still, I wound up really connecting with her words and her suggestions. Ariel doesn’t preach about or imply that her life was terrible but now everything is great. It’s simply “Hey. This thing helped me feel better. Maybe it can help you too.” As someone who was raised Christian (like Ariel), I really connected with and appreciated her brutal honesty when it came to questioning and trying to better understand, come to terms with her belief(s). Turn Your Pain Into Art is very interactive. As a speed reader who wants to get through books as quickly as possible and since it promoted thinking about/dealing with things that are kind of tough to handle, I started off not enjoying some of those parts when I was reading through the book. In the end though, they were extremely helpful. Ariel brings new ideas and introduces new forms of inspiration to look into. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I would and do seriously support everyone buying/reading this book.
Ariel put her heart and soul into Turn Your Pain Into Art, and it worked. This book is so personal and honest. I mean, she includes some of her journal entries from her past. Turn Your Pain Into Art contains so much love. I don’t know how I could recommend this book more.
To finish this review: I need to say thank you to Ariel, for this amazing book. Thank you for baring your soul and telling your story. Thank you for holding out your hand and helping us out of the darkness. Thank you for your belief in our recovery.
Turn Your
Pain Into Art is available for $14.99 in paperback. Also available for Kindle
and as an audiobook. All three editions are on Amazon.
Enjoy! :)
Where to find Ariel Bloomer online:
-https://arielbloomer.com/
-youtube.com/therelshow
-twitter.com/BarbieAriel
Listen to her band (Icon For Hire) and of course
buy her book!

Comments
Post a Comment